- 16 ounces avoirdupois;
- "he got a hernia when he tried to lift 100 pounds"
- the basic unit of money in Great Britain and Northern Ireland; equal to 100 pence
- a unit of apothecary weight equal to 12 ounces troy
- the basic unit of money in Syria; equal to 100 piasters
- the basic unit of money in the Sudan; equal to 100 piasters
- the basic unit of money in Lebanon; equal to 100 piasters
- formerly the basic unit of money in Ireland; equal to 100 pence
- the basic unit of money in Egypt; equal to 100 piasters
- the basic unit of money in Cyprus; equal to 100 cents
- a nontechnical unit of force equal to the mass of 1 pound with an acceleration of free fall equal to 32 feet/sec/sec
- United States writer who lived in Europe; strongly influenced the development of modern literature (1885-1972)
- a symbol for a unit of currency (especially for the pound sterling in Great Britain)
- a public enclosure for stray or unlicensed dogs;
- "unlicensed dogs will be taken to the pound"
- the act of pounding (delivering repeated heavy blows);
- "the pounding of feet on the hallway"
- hit hard with the hand, fist, or some heavy instrument;
- "the salesman pounded the door knocker"
- strike or drive against with a heavy impact;
- "pound on the door"
- move heavily or clumsily;
- move rhythmically;
- partition off into compartments;
- "The locks pound the water of the canal"
- shut up or confine in any enclosure or within any bounds or limits;
- "The prisoners are safely pounded"
- place or shut up in a pound;
- "pound the cows so they don't stray"
- break down and crush by beating, as with a pestle;
- "pound the roots with a heavy flat stone"
- POUND v -ED, -ING, -S to strike heavily and repeatedly
- British pound
- British pound sterling
- pound sterling
- Syrian pound
- Sudanese pound
- Lebanese pound
- Irish pound
- Irish punt
- Egyptian pound
- Cypriot pound
- Ezra Pound
- Ezra Loomis Pound
- pound sign
- dog pound
- ram down
- pound off
- pound up
Scrabble Score: 8pound is a valid Scrabble (US) TWL word
pound is a valid Scrabble Word in Merriam-Webster MW Dictionary
pound is a valid Scrabble Word in International Collins CSW Dictionary
Words With Friends Score: 11pound is a valid Words With Friends word