- (law) a right or legal share of something; a financial involvement with something;
- "a stake in the company's future"
- a pole or stake set up to mark something (as the start or end of a race track);
- "the corner of the lot was indicated by a stake"
- instrument of execution consisting of a vertical post that a victim is tied to for burning
- the money risked on a gamble
- a strong wooden or metal post with a point at one end so it can be driven into the ground
- put at risk;
- "I will stake my good reputation for this"
- place a bet on;
- mark with a stake;
- "stake out the path"
- tie or fasten to a stake;
- "stake your goat"
- kill by piercing with a spear or sharp pole;
- STAKE v STAKED, STAKING, STAKES to fasten with a stake (a pointed piece of wood or metal)
Scrabble Score: 9stake is a valid Scrabble (US) TWL word
stake is a valid Scrabble Word in Merriam-Webster MW Dictionary
stake is a valid Scrabble Word in International Collins CSW Dictionary
Words With Friends Score: 9stake is a valid Words With Friends word