- the process whereby heat changes something from a solid to a liquid;
- "the power failure caused a refrigerator melt that was a disaster"
- reduce or cause to be reduced from a solid to a liquid state, usually by heating;
- "melt butter"
- "melt down gold"
- "The wax melted in the sun"
- become or cause to become soft or liquid;
- "The sun melted the ice"
- "the ice cream melted"
- "The heat melted the wax"
- become more relaxed, easygoing, or genial;
- lose its distinct outline or shape; blend gradually;
- "Hundreds of actors were melting into the scene"
- become less clearly visible or distinguishable; disappear gradually or seemingly;
- "The tree trunks are melting into the forest at dusk"
- become less intense and fade away gradually;
- "her resistance melted under his charm"
- MELT v -ED, -ING, -S to change from a solid to a liquid state by heat MELTABLE adj
Scrabble Score: 6melt is a valid Scrabble (US) TWL word
melt is a valid Scrabble Word in Merriam-Webster MW Dictionary
melt is a valid Scrabble Word in International Collins CSW Dictionary
Words With Friends Score: 8melt is a valid Words With Friends word