- a statement that deviates from or perverts the truth
- Norwegian diplomat who was the first Secretary General of the United Nations (1896-1968)
- position or manner in which something is situated
- be located or situated somewhere; occupy a certain position
- be lying, be prostrate; be in a horizontal position;
- originate (in);
- be and remain in a particular state or condition;
- "lie dormant"
- tell an untruth; pretend with intent to deceive;
- "Don't lie to your parents"
- "She lied when she told me she was only 29"
- have a place in relation to something else;
- "The fate of Bosnia lies in the hands of the West"
- "The responsibility rests with the Allies"
- assume a reclining position;
- "lie down on the bed until you feel better"
- LIE v LAY, LAIN, LYING, LIES to be in or get into a horizontal position
- LIE v LIED, LYING, LIES to speak falsely
Scrabble Score: 3lie is a valid Scrabble (US) TWL word
lie is a valid Scrabble Word in Merriam-Webster MW Dictionary
lie is a valid Scrabble Word in International Collins CSW Dictionary
Words With Friends Score: 4lie is a valid Words With Friends word