- the state of being or appearing to be actively engaged in an activity;
- "there is a constant hum of military preparation"
- an Islamic fundamentalist group in Pakistan that fought the Soviet Union in Afghanistan in the 1980s; now operates as a terrorist organization primarily in Kashmir and seeks Kashmir's accession by Pakistan
- a humming noise;
- "the hum of distant traffic"
- sing with closed lips;
- "She hummed a melody"
- be noisy with activity;
- sound with a monotonous hum
- make a low continuous sound;
- "The refrigerator is humming"
- HUM v HUMMED, HUMMING, HUMS to sing without opening the lips or saying words
Scrabble Score: 8hum is a valid Scrabble (US) TWL word
hum is a valid Scrabble Word in Merriam-Webster MW Dictionary
hum is a valid Scrabble Word in International Collins CSW Dictionary
Words With Friends Score: 9hum is a valid Words With Friends word