- make shorter than originally intended; reduce or retrench in length or duration;
- "He shortened his trip due to illness"
- reduce in scope while retaining essential elements;
- "The manuscript must be shortened"
- make short or shorter;
- "shorten the skirt"
- "shorten the rope by a few inches"
- become short or shorter;
- "In winter, the days shorten"
- edit by omitting or modifying parts considered indelicate;
- SHORTEN v -ED, -ING, -S to make or become shorter
Scrabble Score: 10shorten is a valid Scrabble (US) TWL word
shorten is a valid Scrabble Word in Merriam-Webster MW Dictionary
shorten is a valid Scrabble Word in International Collins CSW Dictionary
Words With Friends Score: 10shorten is a valid Words With Friends word