- a computer network consisting of a worldwide network of computer networks that use the TCP/IP network protocols to facilitate data transmission and exchange
- a trap made of netting to catch fish or birds or insects
- the excess of revenues over outlays in a given period of time (including depreciation and other non-cash expenses)
- a goal lined with netting (as in soccer or hockey)
- game equipment consisting of a strip of netting dividing the playing area in tennis or badminton
- an open fabric of string or rope or wire woven together at regular intervals
- make as a net profit;
- yield as a net profit;
- "This sale netted me $1 million"
- construct or form a web, as if by weaving
- catch with a net;
- "net a fish"
- remaining after all deductions;
- "net profit"
- conclusive in a process or progression;
- "the net result"
- NET v NETTED, NETTING, NETS to catch in a net (a type of openwork fabric)
Scrabble Score: 3net is a valid Scrabble (US) TWL word
net is a valid Scrabble Word in Merriam-Webster MW Dictionary
net is a valid Scrabble Word in International Collins CSW Dictionary
Words With Friends Score: 4net is a valid Words With Friends word