- an average of n numbers computed by adding some function of the numbers and dividing by some function of n
- mean or intend to express or convey;
- "You never understand what I mean!"
- have as a logical consequence;
- "The water shortage means that we have to stop taking long showers"
- denote or connote;
- "`maison' means `house' in French"
- "An example sentence would show what this word means"
- have in mind as a purpose;
- "I mean no harm"
- "I only meant to help you"
- have a specified degree of importance;
- "My ex-husband means nothing to me"
- "Happiness means everything"
- intend to refer to;
- "Yes, I meant you when I complained about people who gossip!"
- destine or designate for a certain purpose;
- "These flowers were meant for you"
- approximating the statistical norm or average or expected value;
- "the mean annual rainfall"
- characterized by malice;
- "in a mean mood"
- having or showing an ignoble lack of honor or morality;
- "taking a mean advantage"
- "chok'd with ambition of the meaner sort"- Shakespeare
- "something essentially vulgar and meanspirited in politics"
- "famous for a mean backhand"
- marked by poverty befitting a beggar;
- "a mean hut"
- (used of persons or behavior) characterized by or indicative of lack of generosity;
- "a mean person"
- (used of sums of money) so small in amount as to deserve contempt
- of no value or worth;
- MEAN adj MEANER, MEANEST inferior in grade, quality, or character
- MEAN v MEANT, MEANING, MEANS to intend
Scrabble Score: 6mean is a valid Scrabble (US) TWL word
mean is a valid Scrabble Word in Merriam-Webster MW Dictionary
mean is a valid Scrabble Word in International Collins CSW Dictionary
Words With Friends Score: 8mean is a valid Words With Friends word