- a distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list;
- "he noticed an item in the New York Times"
- "she had several items on her shopping list"
- a small part that can be considered separately from the whole;
- a whole individual unit; especially when included in a list or collection;
- "they reduced the price on many items"
- an isolated fact that is considered separately from the whole;
- an individual instance of a type of symbol;
- (used when listing or enumerating items) also; -Philip Guedalla
- "a length of chain, item a hook"
- ITEM v -ED, -ING, -S to itemize
Scrabble Score: 6item is a valid Scrabble (US) TWL word
item is a valid Scrabble Word in Merriam-Webster MW Dictionary
item is a valid Scrabble Word in International Collins CSW Dictionary
Words With Friends Score: 7item is a valid Words With Friends word