- prepare for publication or presentation by correcting, revising, or adapting;
- "she edited the letters of the politician so as to omit the most personal passages"
- supervise the publication of;
- "The same family has been editing the influential newspaper for almost 100 years"
- cut and assemble the components of;
- "edit film"
- cut or eliminate;
- "she edited the juiciest scenes"
- EDIT v -ED, -ING, -S to correct and prepare for publication EDITABLE adj
Scrabble Score: 5edit is a valid Scrabble (US) TWL word
edit is a valid Scrabble Word in Merriam-Webster MW Dictionary
edit is a valid Scrabble Word in International Collins CSW Dictionary
Words With Friends Score: 5edit is a valid Words With Friends word