- pain that feels hot as if it were on fire
- a browning of the skin resulting from exposure to the rays of the sun
- an injury caused by exposure to heat or chemicals or radiation
- a place or area that has been burned (especially on a person's body)
- damage inflicted by fire
- destroy by fire;
- "They burned the house and his diaries"
- shine intensely, as if with heat;
- "The candles were burning"
- undergo combustion;
- "Maple wood burns well"
- cause a sharp or stinging pain or discomfort;
- "The sun burned his face"
- cause to burn or combust;
- "The sun burned off the fog"
- feel strong emotion, especially anger or passion;
- "She was burning with anger"
- "He was burning to try out his new skies"
- cause to undergo combustion;
- "burn garbage"
- "The car burns only Diesel oil"
- burn at the stake;
- "Witches were burned in Salem"
- spend (significant amounts of money);
- "He has money to burn"
- feel hot or painful;
- "My eyes are burning"
- burn, sear, or freeze (tissue) using a hot iron or electric current or a caustic agent;
- get a sunburn by overexposure to the sun
- create by duplicating data;
- "burn a CD"
- use up (energy);
- "burn off calories through vigorous exercise"
- burn with heat, fire, or radiation;
- "The iron burnt a hole in my dress"
- BURN v BURNED or BURNT, BURNING, BURNS to destroy by fire
Scrabble Score: 6burn is a valid Scrabble (US) TWL word
burn is a valid Scrabble Word in Merriam-Webster MW Dictionary
burn is a valid Scrabble Word in International Collins CSW Dictionary
Words With Friends Score: 9burn is a valid Words With Friends word