- a quantity of money;
- "the amount he had in cash was insufficient"
- the relative magnitude of something with reference to a criterion;
- "an adequate amount of food for four people"
- how much there is or how many there are of something that you can quantify
- a quantity obtained by the addition of a group of numbers
- be tantamount or equivalent to;
- "Her action amounted to a rebellion"
- add up in number or quantity;
- "The bills amounted to $2,000"
- develop into;
- "This idea will never amount to anything"
- AMOUNT v -ED, -ING, -S to combine to yield a sum
Scrabble Score: 8amount is a valid Scrabble (US) TWL word
amount is a valid Scrabble Word in Merriam-Webster MW Dictionary
amount is a valid Scrabble Word in International Collins CSW Dictionary
Words With Friends Score: 11amount is a valid Words With Friends word