- filled with fear or apprehension;
- "afraid even to turn his head"
- "suddenly looked afraid"
- "afraid for his life"
- "afraid of snakes"
- "afraid to ask questions"
- filled with regret or concern; used often to soften an unpleasant statement;
- "I'm afraid I won't be able to come"
- "he was afraid he would have to let her go"
- "I'm afraid you're wrong"
- feeling worry or concern or insecurity;
- "She was afraid that I might be embarrassed"
- "terribly afraid of offending someone"
- "I am afraid we have witnessed only the first phase of the conflict"
- having feelings of aversion or unwillingness;
- "afraid of hard work"
- "afraid to show emotion"
- AFRAID adj filled with apprehension
Scrabble Score: 10afraid is a valid Scrabble (US) TWL word
afraid is a valid Scrabble Word in Merriam-Webster MW Dictionary
afraid is a valid Scrabble Word in International Collins CSW Dictionary
Words With Friends Score: 10afraid is a valid Words With Friends word