- declare to be true or admit the existence or reality or truth of;
- "He admitted his errors"
- allow to enter; grant entry to;
- "We cannot admit non-members into our club building"
- "This pipe admits air"
- allow participation in or the right to be part of; permit to exercise the rights, functions, and responsibilities of;
- "admit someone to the profession"
- "She was admitted to the New Jersey Bar"
- admit into a group or community;
- "We'll have to vote on whether or not to admit a new member"
- afford possibility;
- "This problem admits of no solution"
- give access or entrance to;
- "The French doors admit onto the yard"
- have room for; hold without crowding;
- "The theater admits 300 people"
- serve as a means of entrance;
- "This ticket will admit one adult to the show"
- ADMIT v -MITTED, -MITTING, -MITS to allow to enter
Scrabble Score: 8admit is a valid Scrabble (US) TWL word
admit is a valid Scrabble Word in Merriam-Webster MW Dictionary
admit is a valid Scrabble Word in International Collins CSW Dictionary
Words With Friends Score: 9admit is a valid Words With Friends word