- have the quality of being; (copula, used with an adjective or a predicate noun);
- "John is rich"
- "This is not a good answer"
- be identical to; be someone or something;
- "The president of the company is John Smith"
- "This is my house"
- occupy a certain position or area; be somewhere;
- "Where is my umbrella?" "The toolshed is in the back"
- "What is behind this behavior?"
- have an existence, be extant;
- happen, occur, take place;
- this was during the visit to my parents' house"
- "There were two hundred people at his funeral"
- "There was a lot of noise in the kitchen"
- be identical or equivalent to;
- form or compose;
- "This money is my only income"
- "This sum represents my entire income for a year"
- "These few men comprise his entire army"
- work in a specific place, with a specific subject, or in a specific function;
- "He is a herpetologist"
- "She is our resident philosopher"
- represent, as of a character on stage;
- spend or use time;
- have life, be alive;
- "Our great leader is no more"
- to remain unmolested, undisturbed, or uninterrupted -- used only in infinitive form;
- be priced at;
- IS present 3d person sing. of be
Scrabble Score: 2is is a valid Scrabble (US) TWL word
is is a valid Scrabble Word in Merriam-Webster MW Dictionary
is is a valid Scrabble Word in International Collins CSW Dictionary
Words With Friends Score: 2is is a valid Words With Friends (US) word